Friday, August 10, 2007

one night in bangkok

Well, we made it! All our travels went so smoothly and we are loving Thailand so far. Today (Friday) was overcast and about 80-85 degrees. We rode around on the river for the most part, stopping in Chinatown to see the sights and have lunch. We're taking it easy. I expected this big city to be loud and in-your-face, but it's really not. The people are so moderate and respectful, and sort of introspective...
Here are a couple photos of our first day:


Here's Louis on the muddy Chao Pharya river


Here's me in a busy market in Chinatown

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job looking very chic and very awake :) on the otherside of the world. Have you found great knock-offs yet??

Wendy said...

Welcome Bone and Lou Lou!!! Glad you're enjoying Thailand so far! If you see all the billboards and decorations for the Queen, it's because Sunday is "Mother's Day" which is the Queen's birthday! Can't wait to see y'all on Monday!! Woohoo!!!

Stephanie said...

You look peaceful and introspective! So Zen.

Katie B said...

I think it's interesting that there is a Chinatown in Thailand. Have a great time!

Stephanie said...

Yeah, Bowlby's right. That wasn't lost on me either. Well, actually, it was, till she pointed it out. But I agree!

Anonymous said...

that is why I hinted at the knock-off shopping-Ha! i wonder if the irony is lost over there....

Unknown said...

It's not right that your hair still looks cute in Thailand. (And by "your" I mean Brooke. Though Louis's head looks nice too.)

Unknown said...

So glad you made it safely and are having such a fun time!! Keep posting pictures...we love to see them! Love and hugs to both of you.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having a blast. We are jealous, Mindy and I hope you have a ton of fun. Keep posting pics, it is fun to get the updates. RB

Teri said...

Looks like your having a great time. You look very chic by the way...