Louis loves elephants love Louis
HA! So, we went to elepant camp today (www.maesaelephantcamp.com). It was a blast! Elephants are so sweet and trainable. They did a little show for us where the elephants kicked soccer balls, painted pictures, and did other cool tricks. I hope you enjoy these photos and short movies from our day. Let me know if the movies don't work for you. I'm uploading using vimeo.com. If you like how they work, check 'em out!
elephants play soccer! from brooke krannich and Vimeo.
elephants getting a bath from brooke krannich and Vimeo.
(Afterwards, our guide, Bee, brought us fresh steamed corn as a snack. We peeled back the husks and dug in -- especially Wendy and Bee!)
After that, we had a really delicious lunch at Sojo's. Sojo's is operated by the company Wendy and Courtney work for, Southeast Asia Marketing (or SAM, for short). Here's a link to Sojo's: www.chiangmainews.com.sojo. They have American as well as Asian food, so Louis and Wendy ordered BBQ! I think I ordered one of everything on the menu, including fried okra, vietnemese spring rolls, beef and broccoli, and hushpuppies! What a combination. It was all EXCELLENT. Fried okra was just like mom's!
After THAT, we went to the tailor for a fitting for my dresses. Check out this replica, it's spot-on! And it only took them about 24 hours!
Now, Wendy and I are just chilling, blogging, and watching Pee Wee's Big Adventure. She and Courtney just got a chihuahua puppy named Moo. Thanks for helping me blog, Moo!!
I'm pretty proud to say that it is about 7pm here in Thailand, and I made it through the day without taking a nap!
7 comments:
SO COOL!!!! It should be everyone's goal to eat fried okra in every country possible:) Love me some fried okra!
Keep doing cool stuff AND Keep posting!
I am so impressed, on many levels. You're trying so much! New stuff, new food. And the dress looks awesome! Just like the yellow one! Plus, you're blogging. I'm loving the photos. Wish I was there!
I'm very impressed by your multimedia presentation. It's like going to Thailand, without having to get a vaccine for typhoid fever.
omg! I love the pictures. I love efalumps!! thanks for sharing-I'm so jealous. Looks too fun but we miss you here! It was only 106 degrees today-
Teri
I've decided that the top elephant photo should be your Christmas card.
Brooker,
It's your uncle from the 'ham. That hufalumpagas sure loves Lou!...better watch out cause those critters il eatchya in one bite! You are the cutest thing! Cathrine and I are looking at your life and I am so proud of you! You are so full of life...I am inspired. I miss you! A cold front came through today...102!Yippee!
Larry
I know, skeeriously! I was walking around with some bananas tied to my arm, and an elephant snuck up behind me (who knew tey were capable of that?!?!) and grabbed them. I thought I was going to pull back a nub!
Post a Comment