Tuesday, September 4, 2007

wait... this place isn't so bad

So, we're getting settled in thanks to Lou's dad. We've now been to Ikea twice and have filled our little apartment with the finest of Swedish furniture. The laundry room six floors below is a godsend because you can wash three loads of clothes in the time it would normally take you to do one load. I shot the scenic photo above from our balcony this morning.

It feels great to finally be here. We've been transitory for such a long time, and as most of you know, I was very antsy about leaving life in Birmingham. But now that we're here, I love it and I just want everybody to come and see it.

Papa Larry took us out to a magnificent dinner at a French restaurant in Menlo Park this evening to celebrate our anniversary. It was soooo delicious. Tomorrow = Sonoma.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Bone and Lou Lou!!! Glad to hear y'all made it! Looks magnificent! Enjoy your time there! It'll be a true experience! Nothin' but love!

Stephanie said...

Oh it's so beautiful! I'm so glad you're finally there safely and can start enjoying it. So long, anxiety!

Katie B said...

That's the scene from your balcony? Why didn't you move there a long time ago?!?

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Glad you liked Left Bank. That was one of our favorite places when we were there. Ummm, I'm so jealous of your view. Both years, we had wonderful views of the parking lot. :) I want to snap my fingers and be on your balcony sipping a glass of wine...