Friday, September 7, 2007

livin' it up at the dorm in California


Had a fabulous trip to Sonoma Valley this week! It's a beautiful, colorful, proud place. There's a really cute town called Healdsburg there that will probably be a popular spot for anyone who comes to visit us.

Check out these photos from our apartment. We're so excited to be here. The weather really is wonderful, and I hardly notice the blue-and-purple carpet anymore.


Oh, and I accepted a PR Associate job with the Stanford Blood Center today. I will be producing their internal and external quarterlies, updating the website, and fielding some media calls. The Center supplies Stanford Hospital with virtually all of the blood it needs. I start working MONDAY! Louis leaves for his camping trip on Monday as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your place looks great! Besides, what a great view...away from the purple carpet:)

Unknown said...

Okay, I am having my own moments of sad nostalgia looking at your pics. How jealous I am that you guys are starting out what will be such a fabulous experience!! The apartment looks quite familiar but so much more fabulously decorated. Wow--you guys have really done the place up! CONGRATS ON THE JOB! That is awesome. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Also, I think there is a good chance I may be coming out there for work Oct 22-24...what is that timing like for you? Hugs!

Katie B said...

This must be the first-ever dorm room with a sectional sofa!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys!

Emily - we'd love to visit with you any time. You're welcome to stay with us if you want to.

Stephanie said...

hey, that looks awesome. I think Sunset should totally feature your apartment!

Wendy said...

Your crib looks awesome! Hello, IKEA!!!! Y'all are definitly rockin' it East Coast style with all the white decor! And congrats on your PR job! If you need any web updating help, lemme know and I'll call Dr. Hooper!

Unknown said...

Weed-- Hahaha Dr. Hooper. He was the MAN. I hear Dreamweaver has changed quite a bit since our days with Hoop. I may be calling you with questions.

Ikea should definitely shoot some back-to-skool commercials at our place. Or, Steph, if SL is needing another SE for yall to do, suggest "Dorm Living".