Tuesday, October 23, 2007

let me stand next to your fire

I've been at a conference in Anaheim for the last few days. Those Santa Ana winds are no joke! And I guess even though southern California is ablaze, Disney felt that the fireworks show should go on. I got good photos.



Lou's sister Emily came to the bay area for work for a few days, and, sadly, I didn't get to visit with her. She and Louis hung out and I'm sure swapped Stanford GSB stories. Sorry I missed you Em!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how does Disney Land compare to Disney World? The fireworks look amazing! By the way, remember Steely Dan's song: "Here Come Those Santa Ana Winds Again"?
Allie Baby

Anonymous said...

what awesome fireworks pictures! you are pretty good at that! Thanks for asharing them! Miss you!

Teri

Stephanie said...

Lovely photos, Brooke. Now go home before you get burned up!

Unknown said...

I haven't been to Disney Orlando in a really long time. I know it's a lot bigger. I didn't even go into the park in Anaheim, just stayed at the hotel and ventured into "Downtown Disney" for meals and ESPN Zone. All I know is, it was really super windy and smoky and ashy.

And I think the song is Babylon Sisters. Shake it!

Emily said...

Sorry I missed you too!! I'm glad to hear you had fun at Disney...it sounds like you were able to work in some pure fun in addition to the conference. Though, the conference sounded cool too. I had a great time in PA--love, love, love what you've done with your place. We'll come back and visit again soon. Next time maybe we'll bring Olivia (She was so happy when mommy arrived home. It was very cute.).

Anonymous said...

is the cactus supposed to be green?

Unknown said...

Yes. He was green when I got him :(

Anonymous said...

Sorry, you are right, "Babylon Sisters" is the name of Steely Dan's song that makes reference to "those Santa Ana winds". I looked at the website and learned that. I did shake it to Snoopy and the Red Barron though. Love that music!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allie

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry about the cactus. Although I am a little surprised. It's a desert plant, right? How do you kill one?

Unknown said...

Hell if I know... maybe he just got a good tan :)

Katie B said...

I hope you and Stepha are out collecting some good material for the blogs!