Gone to California with an aching in my heart...
Welllll, I guess it's been awhile. Nearly a month has passed since my last update. I haven't been too worried about it though, because I've been back South visiting most all of you. Unfortunately, I left CA without my camera charger, so I have little to show for myself and what I've been up to for the last month. If anybody has any photos from our holiday adventures, please send them along.
I visited friends and family in Birmingham and Nashville, and Louis went on his study trip to Ghana, Africa. I had a blast, and I know Louis did too. He'll have to do a post on here when he gets back tomorrow. It was sure nice to be back in the South. I wasn't there 24 hours before a random stranger approached me, told me I was pretty, and asked if I wanted to smoke a doobie with him. I politely declined, and he wished me happy holidays and I went on my merry way :)
Here are a couple highlights from my visit:


a small gang at Cantina (different day)
a night of ballroom dancing with the whole family at The Club

"Sips 'n Strokes" painting class


12 comments:
Love the blue dress! Ooh la la! Did you have fun at Sips 'n Strokes? I've been wanting to go.
Thanks! It's defective, though. One of the buttons came off. Banana gave me a replacement today, though. All I have to do is sew it on...
Yes, SNS was really fun. I would only suggest that you go on a day when they're painting something better than a cartoon dog drinking a glass of wine.
Glad to hear you had such a fun time at home! We are SOOO anxious to move to Atlanta so we can get back closer. The 1st deal on our house fell through...ugh. So now we're trying to negotiate another one. I will be so happy when this stress is over! Hope you survived the big storm okay. We've been thinking about you and Lou. Glad he'll be home tomorrow!
Heard about that! Bummer. Well, I hope everything goes well with this new deal. We're looking forward to going skiing with you guys next month! Or, I guess I should say—I'm looking forward to watching Olivia while yall ski next month! Do you have details on where we're staying? Lou told me Northstar, but do you know anything further? My CA friends are asking because they want to recommend stuff for me to do.
And by the way, I'm a total moron. I brought your Cmas gifts back to CA with me... so I'll just bring them to Tahoe next month. It'll be like Valentine's Day gifts! Sorry!
Bone!!! Looks like you had a big time! Mercy! Glad to know you made it back safely! Tell Lou Lou to post some photos from his travels! And if he's feelin' bold, tell him to make his own blog post!!! Keep on rockin' in the free world...ugh.
I'd like to hear more about your relationship with Chris Hastings please.
Well, it's very complicated. There's a lot of ins, a lot outs, a lot of what-have-yous.
No, I just met him at the party and gushed about beets and tomato salad and peach galette. He got my email address and said he would send me recipes, but I haven't seen a one!
Yeah, thanks. I was wondering about that as well. And I'm curious—did you do lots of partying on one night? Or did you just wear the blue dress a lot?
I wore it twice. The Hastings sighting was at the party I went to with the Chitwoods. Glad we got that cleared up.
It was keeping me up at night.
hey, what did you paint at sips n strokes? katie and I are going on 2/13.
Oh, it was hideous. It was a dog drinking a glass of wine. I was so disappointed that we weren't doing something actually useful. I'm sure you'll be doing something better.
Post a Comment